Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cake Withdrawl


Since the beginning of lent, I've been suffering from cake withdrawal. More precisely, cake-baking withdrawal. I've still managed to eat plenty of cake, don't even worry. Hungry Hobo is entirely too close to my apartment to curb overall consumption.

This weekend, Law Students for Reproductive Justice had our regional conference at the law school. Members were asked to donate some baked goods for breakfast and snacks during the conference. Yes! There has not been a single bake sale for me to participate in since Valentine's week, so my charitable baking option have thus been severely limited.

Anyway, I baked a pear bread cake in my Pampered Chef fluted pan.

Recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen. I switched it up ever so slightly by substituting 1 cup of the three with whole wheat and I used canola oil. I don't tend to use oil over butter, but I was too excited to bake it to wait for the butter to soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment