Earlier in the summer, M and I bought a giant multi-pack of cereals from Costco. It had 30 boxes of Kellogg's cereals in it. As of this morning, we still had 10 boxes left. I'd eaten all of the Raisin Bran, all the Frosted Mini Wheats, and a good portion of the Frosted Flakes. I decided to make a variation on Rice Krispie Treats to try to get rid of some of the cereal before we move next weekend. I used Rice Krispies, Corn Pops, Fruit Loops, and Corn Flakes. All in all, not a bad way to use up an excess of cereal. Now...what in the world and I going to do with the leftover Apple Jacks? I never did like those...
Recipe - okay, you probably know this one, but just in case!
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 4 C Mini Marshmallows
- 6 C Cereal (we used 7 mini boxes that we measured to have just under a cup in each of them)
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in cereals.
- Put in a 9" X 13" pan coated with non-stick spray.