Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes without Food Coloring


Okay, I admit it, they aren't red. They are light brown and look like a milk chocolate cupcake. But they (theoretically) taste the same as red velvet cupcakes, I didn't have to go to the store, I got to use up my expiring buttermilk, and I got to test out a recipe for my secret project.

Also, I must admit, they are not very good. The recipe I used had me add 1 tablespoon of baking soda. I believe that was too much, as they taste really, really alkaline. Not a fan. Cream cheese frosting made them better, but I'm going to use a different recipe for the secret project.

Boyfriend's boss liked them though. And she was in desperate need of a cupcake because she found out she'd lost a big case just prior to encountering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment