Sunday, December 12, 2010

Two Cranberry Recipes




Cranberry Upside Down Cake


Two weeks back, I found a couple of recipes using cranberries. I'd never actually used an actual cranberry in anything, despite my fondness for its flavor.

The two recipes I tried were Sugar Plum's Apple Cranberry Cobbler and Kitchen Simplicity's Cranberry Upside Down Cake.

Both of these were really good, but I ended up liking the second one more because of the caramelized brown sugar and the tartness of the cranberries. Both are really worth a go, though!
This is the base for the cobbler. You pour a biscuit mixture over the top and then bake the whole thing. Yum!

This is poor photographic proof of the cobbler when done. I was having issues with my camera.

Cranberries are really easy to work with and yield such a festive flavor for this time of year. Now I'm scheming about something to make for my family for Christmas Eve that uses them.

No comments:

Post a Comment