Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mint Cupcakes


I made these delectable cupcakes for the Phi Alpha Delta bake sale to benefit a family the fraternity is sponsoring for the holidays. I made extra to take to my last day of Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research. Lots of cupcakes...

The cupcake base is an aaammaaazzzinngg devils food recipe from Our Best Bites. It's easily my favorite food blog right now.

The frosting is also from them. Be warned...it's probably the most temperamental thing I've ever made. I've gotten three batches out of six tries, and my learning curve is not really improving. Be sure you've got extra supplies as you'll probably mess up the first time around. I swear, it is worth the pain and suffering. I added mint extract and green gel color to get a nice green minty look and taste.

I piped the frosting on the cupcakes with my Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator. I swear, I'm not being paid by Pampered Chef and actually, the only two PC things I own are this and my fluted stone pan. But seriously, I love this decorator. I've used it 5 times and I've had it for less than 2 weeks.

I topped the cupcakes off with Andes mints chopped in half. Adorable and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment