Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Citrus Glaze


Admittedly, this is a giant version on the below recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving and I've made it a couple of times for various parties and in cupcake form. It always turns out well! Even M can make it!

Cake:
Yellow Cake Mix
Half of a large can of pumpkin pie filling (plain pumpkin works too) - I think this is 14oz
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves

Glaze
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Orange Juice (It's best if it doesn't have pulp)

1. Mix everything together. Coat your cake pan with non-stick cooking spray - I like Pam for Baking. Pour cake mix in and bake for the recommended time at 350 degrees.
2. Let cool.
3. Add orange juice to powdered sugar a bit at a time until you reach a consistency of glaze you like. Pour glaze over the top of cake.

I like to make this in my stoneware Pampered Chef fluted pan. Don't judge me - it loves me back AND I bought it at a garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment