Friday, March 11, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last week, M came to visit for his spring break. He brought me some glorious provisions from Costco, including vanilla extract and 72 ounces of chocolate chips. He also brought me a giant ahi tuna steak. It's love.

I am sitting at home this evening, not feeling very well. I think it's one of those things where you have a slight relief of academic pressure and your body shuts down. Fun.

Anyway, I baked these cookies because those stupid chocolate chips were just taunting me and I had a ton of butter because Hy Vee was having a sale on butter.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Panthera at All Recipes.
  • 1 C Softened Unsalted Butter
  • 1 C Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 C White Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 C Flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3 C Quick Oats
  • 1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
  1. Preheat oven at 325.
  2. Cream butter and sugars. Add in eggs one and a time and mix until thoroughly combined. Add in vanilla.
  3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Add oats, then chocolate chips.
  4. Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will still be soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment