Saturday, March 19, 2011

Salmon Eggs Benedict with Dill


I just got back from Spring Break in Jamaica. It was very relaxing, and I enjoyed myself. I even read three whole books. I hadn't read an entire non-law school book since I started law school. For shame, I know. I was also reasonably productive, working on some work for the professor I assist with research and working on a paper for my seminar.

Instead of writing one of the 79 citations I've decided to add to my note, I went to the grocery store. And in my extreme loneliness, stemming from my roommates' absence, I bought a huge piece of salmon - 2 pounds. Because that's what reasonable people do when they're cooking for one, right? It look like this before I broiled it:

I also sprinkled some lemon juice over it. I am obsessed with this lemon juice from Costco.
I add it to everything. Plus, it's not standard bottled lemon juice - I have used it to make lemon meringue pie and lemon curd and it tastes just as good as fresh lemon. So, so, delicious.

Anyway, this eggs Benedict was my first, and it was good. I ended up adding black pepper and cayenne pepper to spice it up. I didn't make my own hollandaise sauce, because I didn't want to make too much. I used about 1/4 of a Knoll's mix, and it still was way more than I needed. At least I didn't waste the whole mix - I'll probably be making versions of this again since I bought a whole package of English muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. that salmon looks great! :-)

    And you had spring break in Jamaica but you still found time to read 3 books?!? :-0 Sounds like you did something wrong! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, there was lots of reading poolside. It was great.

    ReplyDelete