This is my entry for the very last Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge. The theme this month was "Fizzy." I have a bottle of my beloved Andre Spumante sitting around from the last time it was on sale at the grocery store, so I decided to make a champagne cupcake.
I've always been a fan of the peach bellini, so I decided to try to capture that flavor in a cupcake. I read online that traditional bellini's also incorporated raspberries for their color, and I had some fun raspberry sugar from a visit to Ann Arbor, so I decided to add that as a garnish and put a glaze of raspberry jam over the cupcakes before I frosted them. '
The cupcakes themselves are a variant of this recipe except that I reduced the champagne a bit and then added some peach juice in its place. I added a little bit of red and yellow food coloring to make the batter a peachy color. I also baked them a little bit less than they recommended - about 27 minutes.
I used Smucker's Rapsberry Spreadable Fruit for the glaze. I microwaved the jelly a bit and then dipped each cupcake into it. I let if dry before going on to frost them.
The frosting is a basic buttercream with champagne, peach preserves, and a bit of the raspberry spreadable fruit.
Now, on to the the challenge! The official rules are here and voting starts the 20th.
The winner of June’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
- Angela's Images; a selection of handmade crafts
- Bake It Pretty; a $5 online gift card
- Beanilla; a $7 online gift card
- cupcakewrappers.com; 2 packs of cupcake wrappers
- Miss Kitty Creations; a handmade cupcake charm of your choice
- Simply Caked; 600 brown greaseproof cupcake liners
- Sweet Cuppin Cakes; a $5 online gift card
- Tundra Books; 3 children's books
Thank you to all our prize sponsors!