Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes


These look prettier than they taste. I lazily omitted lemon curd from a white cupcake flavored with lemon zest and lemon juice. It was a mistake.

I made these for another impromptu bake sale for the journal. More photos of those cupcakes are coming.

The recipe for these is really unexciting - I just flavored my basic vanilla cupcake recipe with zest of a lemon and 1/4 C of lemon juice. The meringue is 3 egg whites and 7 tablespoons of sugar - just under 1/4 C. I finished baking the cupcakes, flipped the broiler on, slathered on the meringue, and shoved the cupcakes back in the oven until the meringue browned.

I am really sleepy. I had too much caffeine last night and ended up being awake until 4AM. Don't worry, I did really important things like Bluebooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment